Carpenter Level 1
Tectonic Design + Build Role Description
The Carpenter Level 1 role is crucial to the success of each Tectonic project. They will assist the Carpenter team in executing the fundamental components of on-site carpentry that reflect the Tectonic standard of quality. As such, they are able to perform basic carpentry skills: measure, cut, and nail wood.
The pay range for a Carpenter Level 1 is $22 – $26 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Directly reports to: Lead Carpenter
- With supervision from the Lead Carpenter and Level 2 Carpenters, execute interior and exterior carpentry from framing to finish, including but not limited to:
- Installing windows & doors
- Installing wood and cement-based exterior siding and trim
- Installing engineered hardwood flooring, LVP
- Installing interior trim packages, including interior doors, baseboard, casing, crown molding, closet packages, etc.
- Installing cabinetry packages, including kitchen, bathrooms, custom built-ins
- Ability to independently execute:
- Measure, cut, and smooth lumber and other materials according to specifications
- Clean and organize jobsite
- Running jobsite-related errands, as requested by Lead Carpenter and/or Project Manager
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of relevant carpentry experience in residential construction
- Understanding of carpentry techniques, methods of installation, and construction systems
- Ability to safely operate power tools and hand tools such as: Table saw, Miter saw, Track saw, Planer, Router
- Demonstrate safe working habits and knowledge of safety rules and instructions while performing job functions
- Follow direction of supervisors, while also thinking critically and independently about jobsite needs (i.e., cleaning up when not asked; noting low inventory; re-measuring; etc.)
- Basic math competency
- Excellent communication skills
- Technologically literate, including but not limited to:
- Familiarity with Google Suite: Gmail, Cal, Drive, Docs, Chat
- Familiarity with CoConstruct
WE VALUE OUR TEAM. WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Paid personal time off (vacation) = 60+ hrs per year
- Paid sick & safe time = 48 hrs
- Paid public health emergency leave = 80 hrs
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Development Program
- Tool Buying Program
- Workers Comp Insurance
- 2023 Goal: Health Insurance & 401k
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tectonic Design + Build is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
Carpenter Level 1
The Carpenter Level 1 role is crucial to the success of each Tectonic project. They will assist the Carpenter team in executing the fundamental components of on-site carpentry that reflect the Tectonic standard of quality.
Carpenter Level 2
The Carpenter Level 2 role is the lynch-pin of the Carpentry team and the Tectonic brand. They have a comprehensive carpentry skill set necessary to execute a project from start to finish while mentoring those still growing.
The Project Manager provides construction insight to the Design team in finalizing project details, then autonomously runs production with the Field team, ensuring the project is completed within budget, on schedule, and meeting Tectonic’s standard of quality as well as the Owner’s expectations.
Candidate Referral Program
Tectonic Design + Build is launching a new referral program to recruit skilled craftsman and expand the Tectonic Field team. We are looking for your candidate recommendations!
For every talented candidate you send our way, you will receive $500 cash!